The Ranch at Rock Creek combines modern luxuries with rustic ranch living and their Granite Lodge is where all the activity begins. Inside the Granite Lodge is the Great room, dining room, Silver Dollar Saloon, the Granite Spa, outdoor pool with patio, jacuzzi and Mercantile. Executive Josh Drage serves up world class cuisine featuring Montana raised beef, lamb and chicken accompanied by local organic produce. This Beet Salad is an example of the caliber of dining you can expect at the Ranch at Rock Creek.
6 medium-large beets
3 twigs of thyme
1 bunch of watercress
1 small bunch of parsley
1 kumquat Marcona almonds to taste
1/2 cup goat cheese
1 cup olive oil fresh mint
1/2 cup white balsamic
salt and pepper
- Trim and clean the ends of the beets and place on a long piece of aluninum foil.
- Halve the orange and lemon and place on beets along wiht a dash of olive oil and fresh sprigs of thyme
- Fold foil over and fold again on edges to create a sealed package. Roast in a 400F oven for an hour. The foil will puff to create a pillow shape
- Remove from the oven and let rest for an hour without puncturing the foil
- In a blender, add the goat cheese, mint, white balsamic, salt and pepper. Turn blender on and add olive oil by drizzling it through the top of the blender until fully mixed
- Remove beets from the foil and trim tops and bottoms again. Peel off skin with a paring knife and quarter.
- Trim the watercress and slice the kumquat removing any seeds. Pick the parsley.
- To serve, place a small puddle of vinaigrette in the center of the plate and build the salad on it.
- Garnish with the almonds, white anchovy and parsley
The Creek Beet Salad