Published: 9/21/2011 10:10:28 AM
You may think that a dude ranch vacation is all about horseback riding and nothing else but many dude ranches offer a wide array of fun activities outdoors. Activities will vary from dude ranch to dude ranch so be sure to ask in advance which activities are available before booking your next dude ranch vacation. Below are 7 possible activities that you could do other than horseback riding.
1) HIKING- Dude ranches can be found in some of the most spectacular natural settings in the world. A hike could take you through mountains, boreal forests, canyon deserts, grasslands and marshes. Many dude ranches offer guided as well as self-guided hikes which vary from 1 hour to an all day hike.
2) FLY-FISHING- Dude ranches that are found near water may offer fly fishing as one of their activities. Beginners can often take a lesson or two before setting out to catch “the big one”.
3) WILDLIFE VIEWING-Wildlife at dude ranches can be diverse. From Elk, White tail deer, Mule Deer, Black Bears, coyotes, Moose and more abound you are likely to come across something while staying at a dude ranch. Don’t forget your camera!
4) RAFTING-Some dude ranches offer white water rafting excursions to rivers nearby. This could include simply enjoying a nice leisurely day floating down the rapids or a far more advanced program.
5) SPORTING CLAYS & SKEET SHOOTING-Dude ranches may offer a visit to the range where after learning some shooting basics and safety guidelines you can try your hand at shooting.
6) BIRD WATCHING-Many dude ranches are home to a diverse bird population. Birders of all levels of interest can spend their time in the pursuit of easily found or not so easily found birds.
7) MOUNTAIN BIKING-For those people who prefer to ride a bike rather than hiking many dude ranches will make available sturdy mountain bikes for their guests to use out on the trails.
Whatever you decide to do on your next dude ranch vacation RanchSeeker’s Dude Ranch Finder can help you find the ideal guest ranch.