Published: 6/28/2015 10:46:35 AM
Your Rustic Home in British Columbia’s Thompson River Valley
If you’re in the mood to experience Canadian hospitality, Sundance Guest Ranch is where you should be. Located outside Ashcroft, a small town with history dating back to the Gold Rush Days, Sundance is a three-star working ranch in Thompson River Valley. There are 22 rooms, which are simple, yet comfy enough to guarantee a good night’s sleep. You’ll especially need plenty of ample rest if you’re planning on enjoying the dude ranch’s top activity: horseback riding.
If this inspires you to head to Sundance Guest Ranch, read on to find out why it has received TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence for the years 2013 and 2014.
The Sundance Guest Ranch Experience
Sundance truly offers its visitors a memorable experience promising its guests that” A feat it promises through its tagline “the first time, it's a vacation - after that, it's coming home”. Situated just four hours from Vancouver, BC, the ranch is accessible through three scenic routes. These will give you an idea of what you’re going to enjoy at the dude ranch, starting from panoramic views of the Thompson River Valley to the varied terrain promising ensuring you the ride of your life.
If you enjoy horseback riding, this is the perfect place for you. Sundance Guest Ranch usually breaks up its guests into groups based on their horse riding experience. However, you can always request to be grouped with your friends and family members regardless of everyone’s abilities. That way, you can have more fun with the people you love. If you’re worried about safety, don’t. The ranch won’t let you leave without an experienced wrangler. In addition to instructing you on how to enjoy your ride safely, they’ll share their 30 years of experience in the riding the area, ensuring that you enjoy mesmerizing views that can stop you in your tracks.
If you’re visiting the dude ranch in summer, you don’t have to worry about hot temperatures on horseback. The ranch will skip afternoon rides and offer beautiful evening rides instead. Meanwhile, you can soak in the guest ranch’s heated pool, catch up on some reading on one of the outdoor decks, or simply sleep through the heat in your air-conditioned room. Once the sun sets, you can saddle up for a twilight ride after which you can enjoy a generous table filled with a variety of refreshments.
Now that you have worked up an appetite, this is the best time to discuss the dining experience at Sundance Ranch. For breakfast, you’re welcome to you can select from a large variety of dishes at the breakfast buffet or order the daily special from the grill. As for the other two meals, you’ll indulge your senses in charcoal-grilled steaks or pick from international cuisine offerings. Complementing your meals is a selection of wine and the view of their 100 horses running in the pastures.
If you are in the mood for a lively atmosphere, the adults-only BYOB bar lounge is perfect. Featuring a stone fireplace and large bar, the lounge is a social hub. On Saturday nights the lounge features a weekly country-rock dance with DJ.
Why Sundance Guest Ranch Should Be Your Next Destination
If you’re in the area up till October 18th
, 2015 and want another home away from home, Sundance Guest Ranch is the perfect fit. The following are some perks you can enjoy while staying at the ranch.
- Affordable Daily Rates – Adults are charged $275 while children are charged starting from $35. For these rates, you get to enjoy comfortable accommodation, delicious meals and two horseback rides per day. You also gain access to all the ranch’s facilities.
- Rustic Yet Comfortable Rooms – Though you may want to rough it up a little at Sundance, the guest ranch ensures that you remain comfortable. Featuring a rustic design with wood décor, the rooms are air-conditioned and come with comfy beds and private bathrooms.
- Indoor Amenities – Aside from the pool and decks, you can enjoy the offerings of Sundance Ranch’s free-play games room, billiards room and movie lounge. If you want, you can schedule a massage with the ranch’s registered RMT.
- Stag Getaway Packages – To have some fun before tying the knot, schedule a stag or stagette getaway at the ranch. In addition to western themed games, you’ll get complimentary Happy Hour drinks, Saturday night dances, and a karaoke machine.
- Range of Specials – For this season, Sundance Guest Ranch offers different specials including a Kids Summer Special, a 10% Greenhorn Discount, Young Guns Package, and an Early Booking Discount.
- Special Events Year-Round – To celebrate different events such as the end of summer school holidays or the Thanksgiving weekend, the ranch offers special treats to its visitors.
The Bottom Line
Whether you want a couple’s getaway, a Western themed stag/stagette party or a place where the whole family can enjoy during summer, Sundance Guest Ranch is one place you should seriously consider.